Home | KQNK News | House Fire

House Fire

A NORTON MAN RECEIVED MINOR INJURIES IN A HOUSE FIRE WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON IN NORTON. THE NORTON CITY FIRE DEPARTMENT WAS CALLED TO THE HOME OF JAMES HARPER AT 411 NORTH ARCHER AT 11:49 WEDNESDAY MORNING.  THE FIRE STARTED IN THE DRYER AND HARPER WAS ATTEMPTING TO TAKE THE DRYER OUT OF THE HOME.  THE FIRE CREWS CONTAINED THE FIRE TO THE DRYER AND A SMALL AREA AROUND IT.  THERE WAS SMOKE DAMAGE THROUGH THE HOME.  THE NORTON COUNTY EMS DID TAKE HARPER TO THE HOSPITAL FOR TREATMENT OF SMOKE INHALATION, CUTS AND BRUISES.  HARPER WAS TREATED AND RELEASED FROM THE NORTON COUNTY HOSPITAL.  15 MEN AND THREE UNITS RESPONDED TO THE CALL AND WERE AT THE SCENE ABOUT THIRTY MINUTES.  FIRE CHIEF MITCH JONES THANKED THE NORTON COUNTY EMS FOR THEIR ASSISTANCE, THE NORTON COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE AND NORTON POLICE DEPARTMENT FOR TRAFFIC CONTROL.